Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Few of my Favorite Things

About a month ago I headed down to the Freemont Solstice Street Fair in Seattle. It was my 5th year doing the event and the a pretty wet one at that. The highlight of the event, which is often the case, getting to see great work from talented artists. I did a few great trades which I just love and felt compelled to share!
This robot belt buckle is from LaRu her work is adorable! We traded Robot T for Robot belt buckle! She also makes cute necklaces and home accessories.
This was my first encounter with Stephanie of Fiber Manipulator from British Columbia and I just loved her work. I traded for two pairs of earrings which I get compliments on all the time!
These straight hammered earrings have the perfect patina! Love!
Ahhh...Patrice Cake of my heart! Patrice and I have done many trades over the years and I adore her unique metal smithed work, here a large silver ring...
...and a spiral silver ring...each of her pieces is really special
These are awesome, large copper hoops also from Patrice Cake, unbelievably lightweight too!
This sweet cotton bag is from Tamara Hoy of Thoy. It has a great weight and the perfect placement of pockets. She uses really great fabrics too, and I am always a sucker for great fabric!

I am looking forward to the next event and being able to see hand crafted work from independent artists! Until then I will have to satisfy myself with window shopping on Etsy and supporting my fellow Vendors at the Bellingham Farmers Market! Things could be worse!

No comments: